new igmafb driver
Andrés Martinelli
2014-08-05 19:57:17 UTC
Thanks for the information. About the later suggestion (DRMKMS), anyone
know if is there a guide explaining how to compile the kernel and setup the
framebuffer in different resolutions??
Thanks!
Hello!
I have noticed a new IGMAFB driver is provided since this January in
current branch.
Anyone know where I can get documentation to set it up (if its exists),
or how I can setup the framebuffer for my intel HD 4000 card?
It is neccesary to recompile the kernel?
NOTE: I have yesterday's current installed in my laptop.
Thanks!
I believe there is an igma(4) man page you can refer to.
cassava:riz ~/src> more sys/arch/amd64/conf/IGMA
include "arch/amd64/conf/GENERIC"
options VGA_RASTERCONSOLE
no options VGA_POST
no agp
no device at drm
no genfb
igma0 at pci0 dev ? function ?
igmafb* at igma0
iic* at igma0
... and that worked. However, you may want to try the DRMKMS kernel
config in the latest -current, as that has a hardware-accelerated driver
which (hopefully) should work for your Intel HD 4000. (we're hoping to
merge it into GENERIC for 7.0)